A beautiful and mesmerizing art of Nature, Ladakh is a mountainous region and the coldest desert in the world. In Ladakh, nature has rendered a magical, unbelievable and fantastic landscape which is extremely breathtaking. Ladakh lies in the north-east region of India and is surrounded by the world’s highest mountain ranges, Karakoram and Great Himalayas. Ladakh is an exotic destination considered as the highest plateau lying at an altitude of 9,800 ft. The Ladakh is known for its extreme deserts, blue waters, freezing winds, glaciers and dunes. Ladakh is a region of India which is isolated from the modern world. The main source of water is the winter snowfall in the mountains.
Nimu lies mid-way between Leh and Alchi and is renowned for being one of the endpoints of the Rafting runs in Ladakh. Nimu is also home to experiential stays that offer guests an insight into Ladakh culture and lifestyle.
A 108-year-old royal Ladakhi house, Nimmu House is now a luxurious eco-friendly heritage hotel in Nimmoo. Situated in the village of Nimmu at the confluence of the sacred river of the Indus, which rises in Tibet; the Zanskar River gives a spellbinding view on the rushing waters of the valley and the golden mountains of Ladakh. Nimmu House is an experiential ethnic resort in Nimu village in Ladakh.
The brown and beautiful Ladakhi Mountains just look more enchanting when you gaze at them from a place like Nimmu House, a heritage boutique hotel in Ladakh. Be here to discover the authentic Ladakhi way of life and take back impressions of their pure culture. Nimmu House has been crafted in a manner that it fits in your modern living, yet makes you practice the ethics of responsible tourism. For instance, you get hot water from solar panels. To put it aptly, a stay at the Nimmu House would introduce you to little nuggets of Ladakh tossed in a fairy-tale pan – a pretty orchard of walnuts, apricots and apples, a cute stable with yaks, dzos, cows and goats, and the intriguing, old Buddhist temples. Nimmu House is the perfect stay before or after trekking in Ladakh thanks to its relatively low altitude of 3100m.
• White Water Rafting in Zanskar (White Water Rafting).
• Cooking classes (become an expert in cooking momos and apricot tart) are held for guests with interests in culinary.
• Relax and reconnect your mind and body with our yoga teacher. The yoga classes are given every day at the Yoga Shala on the second floor of the house.
• Take a walk in the traditional village of Nimmu along the river. Your tour will end by having a namkeen chai (traditional butter tea) in a Ladakhi house.
• Explore the Himalayan paths and enjoy the breathtaking views over the mountains. Take a break in the traditional villages and the middle of the nature.
• Travel through the most scenic mountain passes with a mountain bike and feel the fresh breeze on your cheeks as you enjoy the speed and the panoramas.